Dual Media Filter
Dual Media Filter is used for removal of suspended solids, turbidity and some part of colour and odour if activated carbon is used along with fine sand, from Water & Wastewater. We, at Shubham offer Series of filters at a low cost, reliable and highly efficientway to filter your water.
Our unique design of Dual Media filter ensures the maximum utilization of the surface area, lesser pressure drop across the filter bed and effective removal of the impurities even under the conditions of high filtration rate compare to pressure sand filter.
Shubham DMFs are available in diameters from 0.225 Mts. to 4.0 Mts.(vertically) and in length from 3.0 Mts. mm to 11 Mts. (Horizontally) with flow ratesup to 400M3/Hr. these rugged, pre-engineered, pre-assembled units minimize installation and start-up costs. Whether you require Rofeed process water or filtered water, Shubham can full fill applications requirement
Raw water is passed through the dualmedia filter, contain anthracite along with fine sand reinforced by marbled and gravels. These filters consist of a coating of anthracite (1.25-2.5mm) resting on a coating of fine sand (0.6-1.5mm) Anthracite is coarse and has more dirt holding capacity as compared to fine sand.
During the filtration cycle the largest particles are strained out by the anthracite then the sand trap the rest of the particulate matter though a combination of adhesion and straining. Since the particles in the water are filtered out at various depths in a dual media filter, the filter does not clog as quickly as if all of the particles were all caught by the top layer
• Flow : 1M3/Hr. - 400 M3/Hr.
• Inlet TSS : Up to 50 Mg/L
• Inlet Turbidity : Up to 40 NTU
• Filtration Velocity : 12 to 18 M3/Hr./M2
• Diameter (Vertical Vessel) : 0.225 Mts. - 4.0 Mts.
• Length (Horizontal Vessel) : 3.00 Mts. - 11.0 Mts.
• MOC : FRP / Mid Steel / Stainless Steel
• Coating / lining : Epoxy / FRP / Rubber Lined
• Filtration Rating : Up to 10 Micron
• Design Code : ASME / IS
• Design Pressure : Up to 10 Bar
• Working Pressure : 1.1 to 3.5 Bar
• Clear Pressure Drop : 0.3 bar
• Top distribution system : bell mouth
• Bottom distribution system : Strainer plate or Header & laterals.
- Simple design maximizes reliability and efficiency
- Two layers of filtration media
- Filtration rating up to 10 – 30 Microns
- Standard and effective quartz sand media.
- Low Pressure drop across the vessel
- FRP, MSRL, MSEP & SS Vessels are available.
- Manual, Semi-Automatic and Automatic features are provided
- Pre-assembled construction minimizes start-up time and installation costs
- Structural steel legs provide rigid support of vessel for safety
- Air scouring available for high flow pressure vessel.
- Proven design of internal distribution and collection system.